A Leader in Nonferrous Metal Distribution
For more than three decades, Sequoia Brass and Copper has led the way in supplying top-grade brass, bronze, copper, and other nonferrous metals to wide array of industries. Our strict quality management systems and selective procurement processes ensure unparalleled success in meeting our clients’ needs. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff will assist you at every step of the nonferrous metal procurement process, ensuring high-purity products that will help you exceed your facility’s targets.
Quality Management Systems
Quality guides every aspect of our operations. We continually review, monitor, and update our Quality Management Systems to ensure that our products and services meet or exceed every customer, regulatory, and statutory requirement. We maintain our certified QMS in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, the highest internationally recognized quality standard. We also frequently welcome DQS, the leading standards organization, to audit and assess our systems, ensuring continued compliance with ISO-recommended processes and procedures.
As further testament to our commitment to quality, Sequoia Brass and Copper is a UL-registered company. All our products have been thoroughly tested and determined by UL to meet all specifications and defined requirements. Our strict and unwavering adherence to the latest industry standards and protocol ensures that we can trace our projects from the mill to the manufacturing plant. This allows us to achieve top-notch certification for our materials, which in turn improves quality, delivery, and performance.
Our in-house stock of copper and copper alloy products such as brass and bronze conforms to a broad range of ASTM standards. Depending on the available form (sheet, plate, rod, or tube) and intended use, our products are manufactured in accordance with:
- ASTM F68 – Standard Specification for Oxygen-Free Copper in Wrought Forms for Electron Devices
- ASTM B21 – Standard Specification for Naval Brass Rod, Bar, and Shapes
- ASTM B121 – Standard Specification for Leaded Brass Plate, Sheet, Strip, and Rolled Bar
- ASTM B152 – Standard Specification for Copper Sheet, Strip, Plate, and Rolled Bar
- ASTM B187 – Standard Specification for Copper, Bus Bar, Rod, and Shapes and General Purpose Rod, Bar, and Shapes
- ASTM B280 – Standard Specification for Seamless Copper Tube for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Field Service
- ASTM B16 – Standard Specification for Free-Cutting Brass Rod, Bar and Shapes for Use in Screw Machines
- ASTM B75 – Standard Specification for Seamless Copper Tube
- ASTM B135 – Standard Specification for Seamless Brass Tube
- ASTM B171 – Standard Specification for Copper-Alloy Plate and Sheet for Pressure Vessels, Condensers, and Heat Exchangers
- ASTM B188 – Standard Specification for Seamless Copper Bus Pipe and Tube
- ASTM B370 – Standard Specification for Copper Sheet and Strip for Building Construction
- ASTM B505 – Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Continuous Castings
In addition to meeting industry standards, we also tailor our products to precise customer specifications. Our inspection team employs a series of rigorous inspection and testing methods to verify that we meet all necessary dimensions and tolerances through the use of tools including calipers, tape measures, and state-of-the-art, high-precision calibrated machinery. We include refinery reports for all our oxygen-free copper.
Clients from a wide array of industries recognize our high commitment to quality. Our trusted products and services appear across a broad spectrum of applications, including:
- Radio technology
- High-vacuum technology
- Mobile transformers and other power-generating equipment
Sequoia Brass and Copper’s stringent quality management systems ensure full traceability via mill test certification reports for all our copper, brass, and bronze materials.
If you would like to learn more about our quality systems or other products and services, don’t hesitate to contact our sales team today.